Flights to Denmark
Flights to Denmark
A Trip to Denmark
With historic harbors, refreshing beaches and countryside grandeur, Denmark is a land where fairy tales come true. If you love the simpler pleasures of life, if you believe that cities are for people and not for cars and if you are in need of some old-fashioned charm, then Denmark must head your bucket list of places to visit.
No airlines flying direct from India to Denmark. Other airlines flying to Denmark are Emirates, Jet Airways, Air China, Lufthansa, Air France, Austrian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Swiss, Air Canada, British Airways, SAS, Air India, KLM, Turkish Airlines, Iraqi Airways, Thai Airways, Aeroflot, Mahan Air, Singapore Airlines, Finnair, Egypt Air.
How to find cheap flights to Denmark?
Skyscanner is every globetrotter’s perfect guide to a hassle-free vacation. Our search engine is optimized for travel enthusiasts, comparing flight prices to your preferred destination and giving you a list of the cheapest air fares.
- Subscribe to our price alert tool and get regular email updates regarding latest flight prices to Denmark. Avail of discount offers and plan a vacation within your budget to this Scandinavian nation.
- Our month view tool allows you to find the cheapest month to fly to Denmark.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Denmark?
Browse through the countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage and get a list of the air fares to all cities in Denmark from major cities in India.
Domestic travel between cities
- Trains are an easy means of getting around in Denmark; Danish trains have every modern comfort, but are quite expensive. You can avail of discount tickets, but these are often sold out in advance.
- Denmark has an extensive network of roads. As such, buses are popular means of transportation in the country. Bus travel is also cheaper than train travel, especially if you book your tickets in advance.
- The only way to access some of the outlying islands of Denmark is by a ferry. This is also a romantic way to explore the Danish coastline. The bicycle is another exotic means of traversing the countryside of Denmark.
- Tourists can also avail of rented cars while exploring Denmark. Make sure that you follow the traffic rules at all times. Be especially careful while driving across over-sea bridges since strong winds can make it necessary for you to employ course correction.
Things to do in Denmark
- The various islands of Denmark present some of the most intriguing attractions of this country. Bornholm, Christiansø and Møn are famous for their rich history, mystical architectures and beautiful landscapes. Go on long hikes and bike around the hilly woods, lonely coasts and medieval churches and get transported back in time.
- If you are a fan of anything Viking, Roskilde, Zealand, Jutland and Jelling are ideal places to delve into the Viking heritage of Denmark.
- Beaches and amusement parks are found galore in Denmark, especially Copenhagen. Take part in colorful festivals, try your luck at fishing and hunting, and hike around the many trails found in Denmark.
Before you fly to Denmark
Visa for Indians flying to Denmark
Applications may be submitted to the Embassy of Denmark in New Delhi or at the application centers of VFS Global. Short-term tourist visas to Denmark have a validity of 90 days.
Best time to visit Denmark
The best time to visit Denmark is during summer, from June to August. The weather is warm and the landscapes are the prettiest at this time of the year.
Time and weather difference between India and Denmark
Denmark experiences a temperate climate, with mild winters and cool summers. The average winter temperature is 1.5 ⁰C and average summer temperature is 17 ⁰C. Due to its extreme northern location, Denmark experiences very short days in winter, from 8:45 AM to 3:45 PM and very long days in summer, from 4:30 AM to 10:00 PM.
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Denmark.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Denmark
The currency of Denmark is known as Danish Krone (DKK). 1 Danish Krone is approximately equal to 10 Indian Rupees. Although many stores accept international credit and debit cards, it is always better to carry some local cash with you.
Culture and important things to know before you fly to Denmark
A basic element of Danish culture is Hygge, the practice of low-key dinners at home with lingering conversations over candlelight and red wine. Danish Christmas celebrations are especially festive, with many traditions from the Nordic days still observed in remote villages. Many of the tales, myths and legends of Danish folklore have been handed down through the generations by word-of-mouth. Here are some important tips to know before you fly to Denmark.
- Danish people are very patriotic; avoid criticizing the country even in a constructive manner.
- Modesty is considered a virtue in Denmark; flashy display of wealth is considered rude.
- While going on hikes, make sure to wear closed footwear to avoid any snake bites.
- Follow the Walk/Don’t Walk signs in the city while traveling on foot; jaywalking can get you in trouble.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 18th October 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.