Flights to Sweden
Flights to Sweden
A Trip to Sweden
Leave behind the fast-paced city life in the enchanting land of Sweden, one of the most sought-after travel destinations of Indians. The landscapes of this country are almost lyrical in nature. From the legends and myths surrounding ancient Vikings and age-old traditions, Sweden is a paradise for history aficionados as well.
No airlines flying direct from India to Sweden. Other airlines flying to Sweden are Lufthansa, Air France, Air China, Emirates, Turkish Airlines, Air India, British Airways, Swiss, Austrian Airlines, Qatar Airways, Finnair, IranAir, KLM, Ethiopian Airlines, Iraqi Airways, Thai Airways, SAS, Jet Airways, Aeroflot.
How to find cheap flights to Sweden?
Skyscanner is the perfect guide for globetrotters. Use our global meta search engine and find the cheapest flights to Sweden.
- After comparing all available flights to Sweden, our price alert tool sends you email notifications regarding cheap air fares to this country.
- Our month view tool lets you choose the cheapest month to fly to Sweden.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Sweden?
Scroll down to the countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage and find a list of air fares from various cities in India to all the major cities in Sweden.
Domestic travel between cities
- Sweden has an extensive network of trains, making it extremely useful for travellers covering the vast distances between cities in this country. If your itinerary is fixed, book your tickets 90 days in advance to get cheapest rates.
- The easiest way to commute between remote towns in Sweden is by local bus. You can also travel to major cities by bus.
- Taxis and rented cars are also popular means of exploring the countryside of Sweden.
Things to do in Sweden
- Explore the Old Towns of Sweden in Stockholm, Uppsala, Visby and Karlskrona. Ekero, Mariefred and Oland are dotted with beautiful palaces and castles that are worth a visit. The preserved mines of Falun and Fagersta are other attractions of this charming nation. Sweden is also home to some unusual UNESCO World Heritage Sites like the Wooden Cemetery in Stockholm, the Struve Meridian Arch in Norrbotten and Grimeton Radio Masts in Halland.
- Sweden is the perfect location to indulge in outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, canoeing, skiing, sailing and horse riding. For those lovers of the exotic, take part in Wildlife Watching Tours and catch a glimpse of wild moose, elk, beavers, brown bears and wolves. Also, try your hand at mushroom picking and angling.
Before you fly to Sweden
Visa for Indians flying to Sweden
Since Sweden is a part of the Schengen Agreement, Schengen Visa is required for tourists to enter the country. Applications can be submitted to the Swedish Embassy or at any of the VFS Application Centres. Find out more information from VFS Global.
Best time to visit Sweden
The best time to enjoy a vacation in Sweden is summer, from June to August. This is the perfect time to enjoy outdoor events and adventure activities. You can also witness the unique Midnight Sun for during summer, night time in Sweden is just an extended twilight.
Time and weather difference between India and Sweden
Despite its northern latitude, Sweden experiences a temperate climate with mild temperatures throughout the year. Due to its geographical location, the sun never truly sets in Sweden for a better part of the summer and never rises for a part of winter. The highest temperature recorded in Sweden is 38 ⁰C and the lowest is -52.6 ⁰C.
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Swedish time.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Sweden
The official currency of Sweden is called the Swedish Krona (SEK). 1 Swedish Krona is equal to approximately 8 Indian Rupees. Credit cards are accepted in most restaurants and stores although you will be required to show a proof of identification/passport.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Sweden
Swedish society and culture are very tolerant in nature. The Viking culture played an important role in the shaping of present-day Swedish customs and traditions. Swedes follow the tradition of Fika, which are informal coffee-break get-togethers. Indie pop/Rock music is very popular in Sweden as well as death metal music. Although Swedish fashion is influenced by western styles, traditional clothing is still worn at special events like Midsummer.
- Make sure you dress appropriately before venturing out during winters. Remember to pack warm clothes and extra shoes.
- Keep away from street fights and other dangerous situations since police presence is weak in remote areas.
- Being fashionably late is frowned upon in Sweden.
- Do not bring cash money in Indian Rupees.
- Do not carry narcotics or prohibited drugs while touring in Sweden.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 9th August 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.