Cheap flights from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Ho Chi Minh City...
- Fri 21 FebHANSGNVietJet AirDirectOne way from ₹ 1,720
- Sun 16 FebHANSGNVietJet AirDirectOne way from ₹ 1,720
- Thu 20 FebHANSGNVietJet AirDirectOne way from ₹ 1,720
Flight information Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1161 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Ho Chi Minh City
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City?
- The price table above shows the lowest 2-way flight prices from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City for each month. Clicking on the price will take you to a calendar view to choose specific dates as per your itinerary.
- If you are planning well in advance, you can set-up Skyscanner's price alerts to get notification whenever there is a price change from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City flight tickets
What you need to know before flying from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City?
NASCO, Soc Son District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Southern Airport Service Company, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Getting to Hanoi airport
- Hanoi’s Nội Bài International Airport is located 28 km north of the city centre.
- Public taxis, mini-buses and public buses, as well as private cars will take travellers from the city to the airport. See here.
Travelling from Ho Chi Minh City Airport
- Ho Chi Minh City’s International Airport is located right in the city centre.
- One can take private cars, A/C buses, shuttle buses and prepaid taxis to get to the airport.
- One can also rent cars to drive around themselves. See here.
Facilities at Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City airports
- Hanoi International Airport has lounges, shower areas, medical services, food and drink options, banks, and play areas for children, baby care facilities, ATMs and free Wi-Fi.
- Ho Chi Minh City International Airport has lounges, shops, shower areas, rest zones, food and drink places, currency exchange, banks and ATMs, and free unlimited Wi-Fi.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
The minimum flight time from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City is 2h 10min, via a direct flight. Read about all the wonderful things to do in Ho Chi Minh City, which is regarded one of the safest cities for women travellers.
Time difference between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
There is no time difference between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
Weather in Ho Chi Minh City
Atypical of a Southeast Asian coastal city, Ho Chi Minh features a tropical, humid climate. December to April is the best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City when the season is dry, the rains are absent and the average temperature is 28 degrees Celsius.
Cost of living in Ho Chi Minh City
A taxi from the airport to the city costs VND 1,20,000-3,50,000, while a bus for the same route costs VND 5,000-10,000. A 3 km taxi ride in the city costs VND 36,000-60,000, while a 1 hr cycle ride costs VND 36,000-40,000. Renting a motorbike for the day costs VND 1,20,000-1,50,000. Budget meals cost anywhere between VND 25,000-1,50,000. A 0.33L bottle of beer costs VND 17,000-32,000, a Bahn Mi sandwich costs VND 12,000-20,000, a full bottle of the local Vietnamese wine costs VND 50,000-80,000, and a 1.5L bottle of drinking water costs VND 5,000-10,000.
Mode of payments accepted in Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam still largely works on cash economy, so travellers will require cash for almost everything.
Best places for your first meal in Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnamese cuisine delights include the Banh Mi sandwich, Banh Cuon, Ca Kho To, Hu Tieu, Bahn Xeo, Goi Cuon, Com Tam, Oc (Vietnamese shellfish) and the famous Pho noodles. Head to areas such as Bến Thành and Da Kao which are known as Ho Chi Minh City’s food zones.
Documents required to travel from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Passengers travelling from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City must carry all the documents listed below
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Return flight tickets (sometimes asked by the immigration depending on your visa type)
Major airlines that operate from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
AirAsia flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Emirates flights to Ho Chi Minh City, Jet Airways flights to Ho Chi Minh City
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.