Cheap flights from New York to Chicago
Top last minute flight dealsFeeling spontaneous? It’s never too late to book a trip. Here’s our pick of the best last minute flights to Chicago...
- Tue 7 JanLGAORDSpirit AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 3,514
- Wed 8 JanLGAORDSpirit AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 4,013
- Mon 6 JanJFKORDAmerican AirlinesIndirectOne way from ₹ 6,279
Flight information New York to Chicago
Cheapest return price last month
Flights per week
Average flight time, total distance 1191 kilometres
Most popular airline last month
Chicago O'Hare International, Chicago Midway and Chicago Rockford
Frequently asked questions
How to compare and get the best flights from New York to Chicago?
Find the best deal on flights from New York to Chicago with Skyscanner’s bar chart.
- The bar chart provides the lowest prices of flight tickets from New York to Chicago, month-wise. Use the calendar view to check the cheapest available fares on any given day. And that is how you can book flights from New York to Chicago easily.
- Subscribe to Skyscanner’s price alert facility to stay updated on offers and price changes on cheap flights from New York to Chicago.
What you need to know before flying from New York to Chicago?
La Guardia Airport,PA Administration Building,Flushing,NY 11371, USA
225 Park Avenue South,9th Floor,New York,NY 10003, USA
233 Park Avenue South,9th Floor,New York,NY 10003, USA
6001 W Industrial Highway,Gary,IN 46406,USA
Chicago Midway Airport (MDW)
5500 South Cicero Avenue,Chicago,IL 60638,USA
PO Box 66142,Chicago,IL 60666,USA
Chicago Rockford Airport (RFD)
60 Airport Drive,Rockford,IL 61109-2902,USA
Getting to New York airport
- All airports can be reached using taxis and buses or private cars.
- Travellers commuting by train can use NJ Transit or Amtrak to reach Newark airport.
- The JFK Airport Airtrain ferries those travelling to JFK airport, and is a good option in conjunction with other public transport.
- Airport shuttles are also available to take travellers from the city to each of the New York airports.
Travelling from Chicago airport
- All the airports have access to taxis and buses, using which travellers can travel into the city.
- O’Hare and Midway airports are also connected by rail.
- Travellers who prefer to drive, can rent cars from the airport. Check Skyscanner’s car hire page to know more.
Facilities at New York and Chicago airports
- All the New York airports provide free Wi-Fi for the first 30 minutes. They also have a number of options for shopping and dining, including duty-free at the international airports. In addition to this, ATMs and banking and FOREX facilities, as well as charging stations, first aid and pet relief areas are also available.
- Some Chicago airports provide free Wi-Fi, banking and FOREX services. O’Hare and Midway have plenty of shopping and dining outlets. The other airports are mainly service charters and regional businesses.
Tips on how to make the best out of your flight journey from New York to Chicago
The flying time from New York to Chicago is between two and a half and three hours. There are numerous direct flights from New York to Chicago. Travellers can read up on the places to see in Chicago, including one of the tallest buildings in the USA.
New York, on EST, is one hour ahead of Chicago, which is on Central time.
Weather in Chicago
July is Chicago’s hottest month, with temperatures averaging around 23 degrees Celsius. July also gets the most rainfall, and the winter gets a fair share of snow and a high wind-chill factor, earning Chicago the moniker The Windy City. January is the coldest month, with temperatures going to minus 10 degrees Celsius at night.
The US Dollar (USD) is the currency for both American cities.
Cost of living in Chicago
A meal for two in a mid-range restaurant will cost around USD 40, a fast food meal will cost around USD 7 per head. A one way local bus will run USD 2, and a ticket for the “L” train will be USD 2.25.
Mode of payments accepted in Chicago
All establishments accept US Dollars, and most accept credit and debit card payments too.
Best places for your first meal in Chicago
Chicago is known for the eponymous Chicago style pizza as well as hot dogs. For a taste of Chicago history, head over to the Polish village. The first MacDonald’s of the world is also in Chicago.
Information and data provided on this page is correct as of April 26th, 2017.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.