Flights to Belgium
Flights to Belgium
Belgium – The Essence of Europe
Graceful and grand are two words that come to mind while referring to Belgium. Its alluring history, architectural marvels, vibrant festivals and cosmopolitan attractions make Belgium a much sought-after travel destination. Effortlessly blending old-age charm with new-world possibilities, this multilingual country has a sense of quiet magic that must be experienced first-hand.
No airlines flying direct from India to Brazil. Other airlines flying to Brazil are Emirates, Lufthansa, Ethiopian Airlines, Etihad Airways, Air France, United, British Airways, KLM, Air Canada, Qatar Airways, Swiss, Air China, Jet Airways, Turkish Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to Belgium?
Skyscanner, being an international travel search engine, is the perfect platform to search for cheap flights to Belgium.
- Our price alert tool compares all available flights to Belgium and gives you latest updates on the cheapest air fares available to the country.
- Find the cheapest month to travel to Belgium with the help of our month view tool.
Which city is cheap to fly to in Belgium?
Check out the countries section on Skyscanner’s homepage and find the cheapest city to fly to in Belgium, from the list of air fares to all the cities in the country.
Domestic travel between cities
Since Belgium is a very small country, with a maximum distance of 300 KM, you can reach any destination within the country in a couple of hours.
- Belgium has a well-connected network of trains interconnecting the various cities. Second class one-way domestic travel costs up to approximately INR 1500/ USD 20.
- Buses are another popular means of transportation in Belgium, conveying you to the remotest of locations.
- You can also hire a car to explore the countryside of Belgium. Most of these come equipped with Sat Navs, making it easy for you to traverse off the beaten path.
Things to do in Belgium
- Brussels is a classic European city with gothic architecture and baroque churches. Laken Castle, Grand Place, Atomium and St. Gudula Cathedral are a few of the famous attractions of this city. With monuments dating back to the Golden Age, Bruges is a famous city in Belgium. The Beguinages, Halve Maan Brewery and 13th century Belfry are must-see sights in Bruges.
- Art-loving tourists should make a bee line for Antwerp with its charming mixture of medieval buildings and modern architectural landmarks. Ghent is the city for history lovers, with its collection of museums and churches. Polyptych and the Adoration of the Mystic Lamb are not-to-be-missed attractions in Ghent.
- Ardennes is a place of adventures with its dense forests, hidden caves and towering cliffs. Enjoy hiking and camping while in this city. Han-sur-lesse caves, the Bouillon Castle and Labyrinth of Barvaux are the main highlights of Ardennes.
Before you fly to Belgium
Visa for Indians flying to Belgium
Tourist visa for Belgium can be applied for at any of the Visa Application Centres or you can also apply for it online.
Best time to visit Belgium
The best time to visit Belgium is between April and October. July and August is the peak tourist season with pleasant weather and vibrant summer festivals.
Time and weather difference between India and Belgium
Belgium experiences a temperate maritime climate with cool summers and moderate winters. The country is known to experience strong gales in winter. The average temperature remains between 22 ⁰C and 10 ⁰C. Certain parts of Belgium experiences heavy snowfall and sub-zero temperatures in winter.
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Belgium.
Currency and exchange rates between India and Belgium
The official currency of Belgium is Euro. 1 Euro is approximately equal to 70 Indian Rupees.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to Belgium
There are two major linguists in Belgium – the Dutch-speaking Flemish and the French-speaking Walloons. The culture of the Flemish resembles the Dutch culture while the culture of the Walloons is influenced by the French culture and various French-speaking societies. The country has produced many well-known cartoonists and is home to many popular European comics. Festivals play a significant role in the Belgian society. The 3-day carnival in Mons and the Procession of Holy Blood in Bruges are the most popular celebrations held in the country.
- Wearing a burqa in public is illegal in Belgium.
- Avoid religious, political or financial matters with the natives.
- The Flemish and Walloons speak distinct languages. Make sure you do not mix up the two languages.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 15th April 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.