Flights to French Polynesia
Flights to French Polynesia
An overseas country of France, French Polynesia is a composition of 118 islands and atolls spread over an area of 2000 sq. km. The country is blessed with abundant natural beauty in the form of lush green islands, surrounded by turquoise waters and plenty of flora and fauna. It is a perfect destination for those looking for a place to rejuvenate. The primary international airport of French Polynesia is the Fa'a'ā International Airport.
No airlines flying direct from India to French Polynesia. Other airlines flying to French Polynesia are Air France, Japan Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to French Polynesia?
The global metasearch engine that Skyscanner provides makes the best deals to French Polynesia available to you, by comparing prices of all airlines and travel agents.
- If you are looking for cheap flights to French Polynesia, our price alert tool would come in handy. Through regular updates via email alerts, you will be informed about the best ticket prices. Additionally, you can also modify or unsubscribe from the alerts as per your convenience.
- If you are yet to decide the month/days during which you would like to visit your destination, take a look at our month view
Domestic travel between cities
The population of French Polynesia is mainly concentrated on the islands of Moorea and Tahiti. To travel from one island to another, you can travel either by plane or by boat.
- Air Tahiti is the major airline available for domestic air travel in French Polynesia. It has regular flights to popular destinations in the country. The airline also offers different types of passes, which cover certain islands. You can also opt for chartered flights or helicopters, which are available on request.
- Another popular option is to travel via ferries or cruise ships. Ferry services run several times a day, to and from different islands.
Things to do in French Polynesia
French Polynesia is a paradise for adventure lovers and offers ample opportunities to indulge in sports such as kayaking, snorkeling, diving, hiking, etc. However, the country has a lot more than beaches and forests. Papeete is a bustling city with numerous churches, monuments, parks and more. Tahiti’s Heiva Festival is celebrated every year in June and July, characterized by mesmerizing music and dance performances by the locals.
Before you fly to French Polynesia
Visa for Indians flying to French Polynesia
If you are an Indian citizen and wish to visit French Polynesia, you need to apply for a visa. The application can be submitted at the nearest Embassy of French Polynesia.
Best time to visit French Polynesia
Being part of the Southern Hemisphere, French Polynesia experiences winters from May to October. This is the best time to visit the country as the weather is pleasant with less humidity, perfect for outdoor activities. Also, do not miss the Heiva Festival held in June and July, if you are planning to visit French Polynesia during this time.
Time and weather difference between India and French Polynesia
India is ahead of French Polynesia by 15 hours and 30 minutes. The country has a tropical climate with high humidity. The average temperature is around 26-29 °C. Summers (November to April) are warm and humid whereas the winters (May to October) are comparatively cooler and drier.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to French Polynesia
The country has a laid-back culture where people believe in enjoying life to the fullest. Tahitian culture is primarily influenced by their Maohi heritage. Music, dance and festivals play an important role in their society. Here are some suggestions that could help enrich your visit to the islands.
- While enjoying water sports, beware of marine animals such as Moray eels.
- Respect the traditions and customs of the local people.
NOTE: All the information mentioned above is correct as of 11th August 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.