Flights to France
Flights to France
Flights to regions in France
France – Home to the City of Love
France is the world’s leading tourist destination with more than 83 million foreign visitors annually. The country’s richness in culture, history, fashion and heritage is renowned all over the world. The picturesque countryside, architectural heritage sites, beautiful beaches, art museums, parks and natural attractions are some of the few gems offered by this mesmerising country.
Carriers flying from India to France are Air France, Jet Airways, Air India. Other airlines flying to France are Emirates, Cathay Pacific, ANA, British Airways, China Eastern, Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, Air Mauritius, Kenya Airways, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Air Canada, Qatar Airways, Ethiopian Airlines, Asiana Airlines, KLM, China Southern, Air Austral, Singapore Airlines, Kuwait Airways, EgyptAir, Turkish Airlines, Finnair, Air Seychelles, Thai Airways, United, Mahan Air Aeroflot, Korean Air, Uzbekistan Airways, Oman Air, EL AL Israel Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines, Saudia, Air China, Turkmenistan Airlines, Swiss, Japan Airlines.
How to find cheap flights to France?
Skyscanner is a leading travel search engine which makes booking your flights an easy and hassle-free process. Compare the best prices provided by top airlines and online travel agents.
- Go through our price alert tool to stay updated about the changing rates in air fares. You will receive alerts via e-mails offering exciting deals on flight tickets for you to choose from. There is also the option to unsubscribe or modify these alerts, with no additional fee.
- While scheduling your dates for the trip, refer to our month view tool to find out the cheapest month to fly to France.
Which city is cheap to fly to in France?
Search for the cheapest place to visit in France by scrolling to the countries section. This will redirect you to a page that contains a list of various cities along with their air fares.
Domestic travel between cities
Getting around in France is highly convenient, owing to the world-class public transport facilities that are available here.
- The major cities are well-connected through underground subway systems whereas the greater regions in the country maintain outstanding tramway services.
- Driving is the most convenient mode of local transport in France. The wonderful landscapes of the country make for an amazing road trip. For more details, make use of our car hire option.
Things to do in France
Surrounded by the picturesque landscape of Western Europe, France is undeniably one of the world’s leading tourist destinations. The prime wealth of the country lies in its mind-blowing attractions starting from celebrated historical sites to impressive museums.
- The capital city of Paris is home to the magnificent Eiffel Tower and the most sought-after museum in the world, Louvre. The country boasts of 37 World Heritage sites in addition to myriad places of cultural interest and historical significance. The mesmerizing beaches and ski resorts of the Côte d'Azur lure over 10 million tourists every year. The regal Palace of Versailles stands as a representation of the illustrious French monarchy.
- The exquisite varieties of wine and cheese products available here are a global craze. The French cuisine is quite diverse, varying from region to region. Some of the classic traditional delicacies in France include Cassoulet, Chou croute, Quiche and Beef Bourguignon.
- France offers umpteen shopping opportunities ranging from high-end fashion houses to flea markets. There are also numerous places that provide antique merchandise.
Before you fly to France
Visa for Indians flying to France
All Indians travelling to France must apply for a visa if they have the relevant documents. For more information, please check out the VFS website.
Best time to visit France
The best time to visit France is from the months of April to June and between September and November. The temperature remains pleasant during spring and autumn, making for a favourable period to take a tour around the country.
Time and weather difference between India and France
India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of France. France experiences four distinct climate types- Oceanic, Continental, Mediterranean and Mountain. Summers here are hot and dry with ample rainfall between the months of April and October while winters are cold, characterised by heavy snowfall.
Currency and exchange rates between India and France
The currency of France, as in most European countries, is Euro. 1 Euro is equal to 73 Indian Rupees.
Culture and important information to know before you fly to France
Interestingly enough, the term ‘culture’ has a French origin. Every region of the country features a unique culture of its own, thereby encompassing a wonderful amalgamation of different local traditions. If you are visiting the city of Paris, check out this Skyscanner article for useful tips. The standard language spoken here is French.
Keep the following instructions in mind before you travel to France.
- It is preferable to communicate in the local language as the French take immense pride in their mother tongue.
- Avoid discussing issues like politics and current events that might lead to controversies.
- The social system in France is rather hierarchical. Never address anyone using ‘tu’ (the French equivalent of the casual ‘you’). Instead, make use of ‘vous’ to show respect and maintain formality.
NOTE: All the above information is correct as of 15th October 2016.
Prices shown on this page are estimated lowest prices only. Found in the last 45 days.